Contact tracing of positive cases will continue.
Contacts will receive digital communications (email or text or some may still get a call) with advice on what to do as a contact to stay vigilant for symptoms and advice to follow guidance:
- pay close attention to the main symptoms of COVID-19. If any of these symptoms develop, they should order a LFD test. They are advised to stay at home and avoid contact with other people while they are waiting for their test result
- minimise contact with the person who has COVID-19
- work from home if able to do so
- avoid contact with anyone they know who is at higher risk of becoming severely unwell (opens in new tab) if they are infected with COVID-19, especially those with a severely weakened immune system (opens in new tab)
- limit close contact with other people outside their household, especially in crowded, enclosed or poorly ventilated spaces
- wear a well-fitting face covering (opens in new tab) made with multiple layers or a surgical face mask in crowded, enclosed or poorly ventilated spaces and where they are in close contact with other people
- wash their hands regularly and cover coughs and sneezes
Contacts should follow this advice for 10 days after being in contact with the person who tested positive.
Different rules may apply if you work in health or social care, please contact your line manager in your organisation to discuss.