Skip to main content

Make a complaint

Regrettably, there are times when things may not go as planned.  Voicing your complaint allows us to learn from your experiences and improve the services we offer.

If you, a member of your family, a carer or an advocate, wish to discuss any complaints you have, you should speak to the staff who are involved with your care and treatment so that they can help you to resolve the matter.

However, if this action has not resolved matters for you, or if you would prefer to talk to someone who is not involved in your care or are unsure who to talk to, please contact the patient support services team:

Telephone: 0300 0200 159

​What to expect when you make a complaint

When you make a complaint you will be contacted within two working days​, we will investigate your complaint openly and honestly and will respond to you within 30 working days wherever possible.  If the investigation is expected to take longer, we will contact you to explain why, and you will receive a regular update.


​If your complaint is about your general practitioner (GP), dentist, ​pharmacist or optician​

​You should ask the practice/practice manager to look into your complaint as they have their own complaints process.  If this doesn’t help you, you can contact the patient support services team (opens in new tab) for further advice.​


​Public Services Ombudsman For Wales​

​If you are unhappy with the way we have handled your complaint, please let us know so that we can discuss this with you.  Additional steps can be taken to try and answer all of your questions.​  ​However, if you are still not happy, you can report it to the Public Services Ombudsman For Wales but only if your complaint has already been investigated by the health board.

Address: 1 Ffordd Yr Hen Gae, Pencoed, CF35 5LJ
Telephone: 0300 790 0203​
Ombudsman (opens in new tab)


Hywel Dda Llais (formerly known as Community Health Council​)

​You might be aware that CHC's were abolished on the 31st March 2023 , and Llais came into force as a statutory body on 1 April 2023 .  

If you need help to raise a concern, Llais – your voice in health and social care can help you do this. Llais is an independent body and its free Advocacy service and can provide information, advice and support to members of the public who may wish to raise a concern.
Llais can support you to raise a concern and give advice on the most appropriate course of action. 
Address: Advocacy Service, Llais – west Wales, Suite 5, First Floor, Ty Myrddin, Old Station Road, Carmarthen, SA31 1BT 
Telephone:  01646 697610
Website: Your voice in health and social care | Llais  (opens in new window) ​


​Information about 'Putting Things Right​'

More information and resources in alternative formats and languages can be found on the Welsh Government putting things right website (opens in new tab).

Putting things right guidance in alternative formats (opens in new tab)

Putting things right guidance in foreign languages (opens in new tab)

Follow us on: