As part of its response to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, Hywel Dda University Health Board has temporarily closed the Minor Injuries Unit (MIU) in Cardigan in order to redeploy clinical staff to support the COVID 19 response within Ceredigion.
The MIU, which is based in Cardigan Integrated Care Centre and normally operates from Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm, will temporarily close with immediate effect. The situation will be under constant review and normal service will be resumed when it is safe and appropriate to do so.
In the meantime, minor injuries help and advice is available as follows:
- visit the 111 symptom checker (https://111.wales.nhs.uk/)
- visit your local pharmacy
- call 111
- please do NOT self-present to the GP reception in Cardigan Integrated Care Centre as they do not deal with minor injuries.
- for emergency care the A+E departments are as follows:
· Glangwili Hospital A+E Carmarthen SA32 2AF
· Bronglais Hospital A+E Aberystwyth SY23 1ER
· Withybush Hospital A+E Haverfordwest SA61 2PZ
Thank you for your understanding and co-operation.