Skip to main content

Orthoptics (eye care)

An orthoptist is a specialist in assessing children’s and adult’s vision, how the eyes work together as a pair and eye movements (ocular motility). We routinely help and treat children who have reduced vision (amblyopia), misalignment of the eyes (strabismus/squint) and childhood visual problems. Orthoptists are specialists in the assessment and diagnosis of adult strabismus and ocular motility problems.  

We offer a range of treatments and advice, some of these treatments include glasses, patching or drops to treat reduced vision in children; and prisms, patches or exercises to treat patients with double vision or binocular vision disorders.

You can be referred to us by your GP, health visitor or local optometrist. You may be referred from hospital consultants from other specialities.

Orthoptists are allied health professionals, registered and regulated by the Health and Care Professions Council 

Follow us on: