Skip to main content

Speech and language therapy - How to access

To access the children’s speech and language therapy service a request for help is needed.

For pre-school children, most referrals come from a health visitor, doctor or nursery staff, and these are good people to talk to first if you have concerns. We are also happy to receive a referral from you if you are the parent.

For school aged children most requests for help come from schools. If you have concerns please firstly speak to your child’s additional learning needs coordinator. They already have lots of ideas to support communication development and will know when more help is needed. Requests for help also will be accepted from doctors or parents.

Follow us on: