The purpose of the Sustainable Resources Committee is:
- Provide assurance on financial performance and delivery against Health Board financial plans and objectives and, on financial control, give early warning of potential performance issues, making recommendations for action to continuously improve the financial position of the organisation, focusing in detail on specific issues where financial performance is showing deterioration or there are areas of concern.
- To receive an assurance on delivery against all relevant Planning Objectives falling in the main under Strategic Objective 6 Sustainable Use of Resources (See Appendix 1), in accordance with the Board approved timescales, as set out in HDdUHB’s Annual Plan.
- To scrutinise and provide oversight of financial and revenue consequences of investment planning (both short term and in relation to longer term sustainability).
- Review financial performance, review any areas of financial concern, and report to the Board.
- Conduct detailed scrutiny of all aspects of financial performance, the financial implications of major business cases, projects, and proposed investment decisions on behalf of the Board.
- Regularly review contractual performance with key delivery partners.
- Seek assurance on the management of principal risks within the Board Assurance Framework (BAF) and Corporate Risk Register (CRR) allocated to the Committee and provide assurance to the Board that risks are being managed effectively and report any areas of significant concern e.g. where risk tolerance is exceeded, lack of timely action.
- Recommend acceptance of risks that cannot be brought within the UHBs risk appetite/tolerance to the Board through the Committee Update Report.
- Receive assurance through Sub-Committee Update Reports and other management/task and finish group reports that risks relating to their areas are being effectively managed across the whole of the Health Board’s activities (including for hosted services and through partnerships and Joint Committees as appropriate).
The full role of the Committee is detailed in the Sustainable Resources Committee Terms of Reference (PDF, 204Kb, opens in new tab)
Click here to view the approved minutes of the Sustainable Resources Committee (opens in new tab)
Click here to view the latest unapproved minutes of the Sustainable Resources Committee (opens in new tab)
Please click on the meeting date below to view the agenda and papers: