From Wednesday 18th August 2021, lateral flow device (LFD) self-test kits will be available for collection from community pharmacies only and not from the COVID-19 testing units sited in Aberystwyth, Llanelli, Haverfordwest and Carmarthen.
LFD test kits continue to also be available to order for delivery to your home via the NHS Website.
Hywel Dda University Health Board (UHB) will instead increase capacity for symptomatic testing (PCR tests) at these sites, which must be booked online via www.gov.wales/coronavirus or by calling 119.
The Covid-19 testing sites are based at:
- Canolfan Rheidol, Aberystwyth
- Dafen Yard, Llanelli
- Pembrokeshire Archives, Haverfordwest
- Carmarthen Showground
Hywel Dda UHB advises people get your test within five days if they have any of the following symptoms:
- A new continuous cough
- A high temperature
- Loss or change to your sense of smell or taste
To help identify hidden COVID-19 cases in our communities as new variants of the virus emerge, the health board is also encouraging people to have a test if they have any of the following symptoms, which are new, persistent and/or unusual for you:
- Mild summer cold symptoms, including sore throat, runny nose, headache
- Flu-like symptoms, including myalgia (muscle ache or pain); excessive tiredness; persistent headache; runny nose or blocked nose; persistent sneezing; sore throat and/or hoarseness, shortness of breath or wheezing; nausea; vomiting; or diarrhoea
- Generally feeling unwell and a history of being in contact with a known COVID-19 case
- Any new or change in symptoms following a previous negative test
You must self-isolate immediately for 10 days if you have any of the above symptoms and book a PCR test.